Everything You Need to Know About CBD Tinctures
A CBD tincture is produced by steeping parts of the cannabis plant (also sometimes referred to as industrial hemp plant) in high-proof grain alcohol or pulling the cannabinoids from the plant using a CO2 extraction method which renders a clean product. The CBD tincture mixture is a highly potent liquid that contains an abundance of active cannabinoid molecules. A CBD tincture contains less than .3 percent tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) so has no psychoactive properties. Many CBD tinctures also feature additional natural ingredients, such as orange oil, to improve the taste of the concoction.
CBD Tinctures vs. CBD Oil: Understanding the Difference
Many people use the term CBD tincture and CBD oil interchangeably. However, a CBD tincture is an oral form of CBD oil and the phrase, ‘CBD oil’ refers typically only to a straight oil product that users place into a vape pen or vaporizer. Nowadays, CBD tinctures have become very popular, especially among new CBD users or individuals who do not wish to smoke a product. Tinctures are also easy-to-use and convenient.
The 4 Top Health Benefits of CBD Tinctures
CBD stands for cannabidiol. It is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in the Cannabis sativa plant. Recent research is revealing that cannabidiol is highly successful in treating numerous health disorders.
- Pain Relief: Researchers performing clinical trials at the Laboratory for Integrative Neuroscience, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, have found that CBD significantly reduces inflammatory and neuropathic pain. Further studies by the PharmIdeas Research & Consulting Inc., Oakville, ON, Canada have also found it to be effective at treating the pain and discomfort of muscular sclerosis.
- Anxiety: Taking a CBD tincture daily reduces the anxiety caused from disorders such as social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Cancer: Research has started to strongly indicate that CBD might be a valuable aid in the treatment of some forms of cancer. Cannabidiol has an antitumor effect that dramatically amplifies the death of malignant cells. In a 2006 study published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, it was revealed that CBD inhibited the growth of breast cancer cells. Further clinical trials carried out in 2011, showed that the breast cancer cells in both estrogen receptor-positive and estrogen receptor-negative breast cancer cells died because of CBD.
- Anti-seizure: Groundbreaking clinical trials have clearly displayed the effectiveness of CBD in the treatment of seizure disorders, including many severe forms of epilepsy. Patients who are given as little as 10-milligram (mg) of pharmaceutical grade cannabidiol (CBD) experience fewer seizures, according to Dr. Orrin Devinsky, the director of NYU Langone’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Center in New York City. It has proven exceptionally effective in treating people who suffer from Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome.
Why CBD Tinctures are Popular?
For anyone new to taking CBD supplements, tinctures are an affordable way to reap the benefits of cannabidiol.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider using a CBD Tincture:
- Lower CBD Concentration: Unlike other supplements, CBD tinctures offer a low mg per serving which is perfect if you are new to CBD and want to take a reduced dose. The tincture drops are administered several times throughout the day to reap the benefits.
- Portability: The tincture solution is contained in a small handy bottle that is easy to transport and store.
- No Psychoactive Reaction: Unlike THC based cannabis products, cannabidiol causes no psychoactive high. You can take the substance throughout the day without ever having to worry that it will impact your performance.
- Taste Options: CBD hemp oil in its natural state tastes very plant-like or earthy. However, CBD tinctures have usually been sweetened with natural flavors, so the taste of the solution is more palatable.
- Dosing: The tincture is administered using a small dropper, so you can control precisely how much of the liquid extract you use per day. This means you can increase or decrease your daily dosage with ease to tailor it to your unique needs.
- Affordable: CBD tinctures are an affordable cannabinoid option compared with other solutions that are available.
Ways to Consume CBD Tinctures
To consume a CBD tincture, you fill the included dropper in the small bottle with the solution and place the desired number of drops under your tongue. Wait approximately 30-60 seconds before eating or drinking anything, so your body adequately absorbs the solution. Many people take doses twice or three times per day. Undoubtedly, tinctures are one of the easy ways to consume CBD.
At CBD Philly, you will find CBD products that are 100 percent organic and created from plants grown on American farms. All our items are manufactured in the United States. Please contact us to learn about our many CBD tinctures and products.